Notice is hereby given that the 50th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of the SINGAPORE PRESS CLUB
will be held online (via Zoom platform) on Monday, 31st May 2021, at 6.30pm
Members please register your attendance and to submit (if applicable) your nomination to stand for election to serve in the Management Committee of FY2021-23.
- To confirm the minutes of the 49th Annual General Meeting held online on 4th May 2020 and Matters Arising.
- To receive the President’s Report for 2020.
- To receive, and if approved, adopt the Annual Statement of Accounts for the year 2020.
- To approve each of the items below and, if approved, to authorize the Management Committee to sign, deliver or execute all deeds, certificates, forms, letters, notices, agreements and other documents and to do all acts, deeds and things as may be required in connection with each of the items below:
- The establishment of the Singapore Press Club Ltd, a Public Company Limited by Guarantee (“the CLG”) to undertake the management of the activities of the Singapore Press Club (‘SPC”);
- Upon the successful incorporation of the CLG with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority of Singapore:
- Transfer of the SPC’s assets, liabilities and business as a going concern to the CLG;
- Setting up of a membership club with the proposed name “The Singapore Press Club” (“the Membership Club”), which will be operated under the CLG and managed and administered by the Membership Club’s elected Management Committee;
- Change of the SPC’s registered name to “The Press Club, Singapore”, and
- Dissolution of the society re-named “The Press Club, Singapore.
- To note that the CLG shall upon incorporation adopt substantially the proposed Constitution and the proposed By-Laws for the Membership Club for the purposes of managing the activities of the SPC for the benefit of serving its members.
- Election of The Singapore Press Club Management Committee for FY2021 to 2023
- To confirm the appointment of Honorary Legal Advisers for the Club as proposed below:
- Honorary Legal Adviser: Ms. Angeline Joyce Lee
- Honorary Assistant Legal Adviser: Ms. Chung Siqi
- 2021/2022 Plans – Presented by General Manager, Janet Wee
- Any Other Business
As we are holding the 50th AGM online, the Singapore Press Club is pleased to extend a free Dinner Bento box (blast-chilled) to be delivered to members who register their attendance by Tuesday, 25th May 2021 (deadline for the food order). Upon registration, please indicate your food choice and delivery details (home or office address). Delivery will be made between 29th to 31st May 2021 so that it can be refrigerated and later heated up and enjoyed either before or after attending the 50th AGM on 31st May 2021.
For those attending without the food order, registration to attend is open till Friday, 28th May 2021.
On behalf of the Management Committee
14 May 2021
Links to documents for below items:
Item 2: President’s Report for 2020