Sake is getting popular with consumers these days and there’s flourishing interest for sake appreciation sessions.
Singapore Press Club is happy to collaborate with Nanbantei Japanese Restaurant to offer a specially curated Japanese Dinner Sake Tasting Workshop for our members and friends to experience and learn about sake.
Embark on a unique taste bud experience with a sampling of 4 different types of sake and hear Master Sake Sommelier Mr. Joshua Kalinan share in the 1-hour session – what is sake; difference between sake and wine; how sake is made; major sake region; about the 4 sake and food pairing with sake. Joshua explained this in a PEAK interview that “once you understand the concept and attributes of sake, you will be able to take pairing, or harmonising, to a whole new level”. Joshua is the first Singaporean to win Sake Sommelier of the Year in 2018 and in 2021, he also passed the most challenging sake certification and is now a Certified Sake Scholar.
Join us to meet your fellow Simgapore Press Club friends for dinner or to host your own family/friends to a table of 5 to enjoy this experience.
In line with the prevailing social distancing and dining out rules, it will be based on tables of 5.
Chicken Karaage for Asao
Fish fries for Kinteki
Yakitori for Kinteki
Sushi for KanjukuCHOICE OF DINNER BENTO SET
YakinikuComes with appetizer, pickles, Miso soup, salad
Free flow of green tea
Order of extra sake and drinks payable direct to the restaurant.
SPC Member & Spouse: $80 nett per person
Guest: $88 nett per personTerms & Conditions
- If you book seats, you will be assigned to a table of 5 with other members/guests.
- If you book a table, you have to inform us your guest names and whether they are members (with membership number) or spouse to enjoy members rate.
- Book your seats/tables of 5 by noon, 23 March 2022.
- Limited seats/tables of 5 available.
- Payment must be made by 25 March 2022 (once you have submitted your booking form, you will be contacted by secretariat to confirm your booking). Payments can be made via PayLah, PayNow or Bank Transfer to the Club.
- Cancellation will not be entertained unless we can find a replacement.
- In accordance with the current Covid-19 advisory, all guests attending events must now be fully vaccinated/recovered from Covid within 180 days / Exempted from the Vaccine due to medical conditions. PET will no longer be accepted from 14 January 2022 onwards for dining in.