You probably have heard of people running for hours on treadmills, but have you heard of skiing miles on a conveyor belt slope?
At Urban Ski, an indoor snow sports centre that opened last year at Millenia Walk, you can ski and snowboard down an endless slope.
Well, not really endless. It is about 12.5m long, but with a constantly moving belt.
Keen to try it out?
Singapore Press Club has secured a special rate for you, your family members and guests.
Date: March 19 (Saturday)
Time: 3pm – 6pm
Venue: Urban Ski, 9 Raffles Boulevard, Millenia Walk #01-46 to 49 S(039596)
Cost: $60 (usual price $90) per pax (payment to be made directly to Urban Ski one week before event to secure the booking)
Payment mode: Credit Card via PayPal
Age limit: Strictly 9 years and above for skiing and 16 years and above for snowboarding
Refreshment: A Kith Café is located next to Urban ski. You have to pay on your own.
For more information, visit www.urbanski.com.sg
You can also e-mail email@example.com or call 6238 0575.
More about Urban Ski:
A first in Singapore, Urban Ski features an innovative indoor rotating ski slope that caters to both learners and seasoned skiers and snowboarders. The slopes at its venue are mechanised and covered with astro turf . It works like a downhill treadmill that is controlled by a remote control – the instructor can start, stop and change the speed at which it moves.
In the session, guests will be taught the basics of skiing and snowboarding.
Skiing: Guests will learn how to stop and control the speed of the skis using the snowplough method
Snowboarding: Guests will learn how to slide on their board with the correct stance
* Each session is 60 minutes, 6 pax per session
* 2 groups each session, approximately 30 minutes slope time. Alternate turns to rest within the 60 minutes
* The 2 groups will take turns to rest within the 60 minutes
* Prices are inclusive of instructor fees, equipment and protective gear rental.
* We do not mix discipline in a session; it is either Ski or Snowboard
* Only people with similar ages and skill levels are grouped together
Things to take along:
1) A fresh pair of long socks. You will need to purchase socks from Urban Ski otherwise.
2) Wear comfortable sports attire, such as long/capri running pants/tights. As the slopes will be sprayed with small amount of water for easier sliding, you may experience slight dampness.
3) An ID is required to fill up the waiver form during registration at Urban Ski. Those under 18 must have one signed by their parent or legal guardian.
To secure the booking, please register with firstname.lastname@example.org by March 11 (Friday) and provide the following information:
* Name of Individual
* E-mail to send the Paypal request to
* Number of adults and kids in the group if you are registering as a family unit. You can bring guests too.
* Number of people and ages of kids if applicable
*Choice of Ski or Snowboard