This revised 3rd version of Rheology of Fluid, Semisolid, and Solid Foods contains the next vital additions:
· a bit on microstructure
· dialogue of the quantitative characterization of nanometer-scale milk protein fibrils by way of endurance and contour length.
· A section diagram of a colloidal glass of demanding spheres and its courting to exploit protein dispersions
· Microrheology, together with particular descriptions of unmarried particle and multi-particle microrheological measurements
· Diffusive Wave Spectroscopy
· Correlation of Bostwick consistometer information with property-based dimensionless groups
· a piece at the impact of calcium at the morphology and performance of whey protein nanometer-scale fibrils
· dialogue of the way tribology and rheology can be utilized for the sensory notion of meals
Read or Download Rheology of Fluid, Semisolid, and Solid Foods: Principles and Applications (Food Engineering Series) PDF
Best Food Science books
Nutrients protection administration: a realistic advisor for the nutrition Industry―with an Honorable point out for unmarried quantity Reference/Science within the 2015 PROSE Awards from the organization of yank Publishers―is the 1st booklet to offer an built-in, sensible method of the administration of nutrition defense during the construction chain.
Realizing what the shopper desires and should settle for are of the main major hurdles confronted via somebody in new product improvement. even if the worry is the correct mouth-feel of a potato chip, the feel of freshness" evoked through a chewing gum, or the burden and texture of a beauty, if the shopper does not locate the product appropriate, it will not promote.
The Encyclopedia of Meat Sciences, moment variation, ready through a world group of specialists, is a reference paintings that covers all vital features of meat technology from solid to desk. Its issues variety from muscle body structure, biochemistry (including publish mortem biochemistry), and processing strategies to the methods of tenderization and style improvement, a number of processed meat items, animal construction, microbiology and nutrition defense, and carcass composition.
Nutrition Hygiene and Toxicology in Ready-to-Eat meals is a superior reference for an individual within the foodstuff wanting to appreciate the complicated concerns and mechanisms of organic keep watch over and chemical risks to make sure meals defense. infectious and non-infectious contaminants in uncooked, minimally processed, and ready meals are lined intimately, in addition to powerful measures to prevent foodborne infections and intoxications.
Additional info for Rheology of Fluid, Semisolid, and Solid Foods: Principles and Applications (Food Engineering Series)