Radio-Frequency Heating in foodstuff Processing: ideas and Applications covers the basics of radio-frequency (RF) heating and using RF-heating applied sciences in glossy nutrition processing, protection, and comparable industries. targeting commercial and lab-scale functions the place RF heating has been hired effectively or mentioned to have capability merits over traditional heating innovations, this cutting-edge reference:
- Explains the similarities, alterations, benefits, and boundaries of RF and microwave heating as utilized to agricultural products
- Describes fiber-optics temperature sensors and their software in tracking temperature in the course of RF and microwave heating
- Discusses the dielectric and thermo-physical homes of agricultural items amenable to RF and microwave heating, providing dimension options, mathematical innovations, and desktop simulation models
- Provides sensible views on business RF devices utilized in production nutrients items, addressing free-running oscillators and 50-Ω designs for RF warmers and applicators
- Uses finite-element formulations to figure out layout parameters together with resonant modes, circuit impedance, and electrical box distribution in RF applicators
- Examines RF-heating results on microorganisms, enzymes, and nutrition caliber attributes for items equivalent to fowl, pork, red meat, eggs, fish, milk, end result, greens, and seafood
- Explores RF-heating purposes past meals processing, similar to agricultural product deinfestation, waste remedy, counterfeit prevention, package deal monitoring, and transportation of meals from farm to table
Radio-Frequency Heating in meals Processing: rules and Applications offers an in-depth evaluate of the basic technology and engineering rules governing RF purposes, in addition to an excellent figuring out of business RF unit layout concepts, demanding situations, and possibilities for development.
Read or Download Radio-Frequency Heating in Food Processing: Principles and Applications (Electro-Technologies for Food Processing Series) PDF
Similar Food Science books
Nutrients defense administration: a realistic advisor for the meals Industry―with an Honorable point out for unmarried quantity Reference/Science within the 2015 PROSE Awards from the organization of yankee Publishers―is the 1st e-book to offer an built-in, useful method of the administration of nutrients defense during the construction chain.
Figuring out what the patron wishes and may settle for are of the main major hurdles confronted through an individual in new product improvement. even if the worry is the correct mouth-feel of a potato chip, the experience of freshness" evoked by means of a chewing gum, or the burden and texture of a beauty, if the shopper does not locate the product applicable, it will not promote.
The Encyclopedia of Meat Sciences, moment variation, ready by way of a world staff of specialists, is a reference paintings that covers all very important elements of meat technological know-how from reliable to desk. Its issues variety from muscle body structure, biochemistry (including submit mortem biochemistry), and processing systems to the strategies of tenderization and style improvement, numerous processed meat items, animal construction, microbiology and meals safeguard, and carcass composition.
Nutrients Hygiene and Toxicology in Ready-to-Eat meals is a superb reference for a person within the nutrients desiring to appreciate the advanced concerns and mechanisms of organic regulate and chemical dangers to make sure nutrients security. infectious and non-infectious contaminants in uncooked, minimally processed, and ready meals are lined intimately, in addition to powerful measures to prevent foodborne infections and intoxications.
Extra resources for Radio-Frequency Heating in Food Processing: Principles and Applications (Electro-Technologies for Food Processing Series)